Paula runs a clinic in Medfit Proactive Healthcare - Ring 01 2784432
As much as we want to believe that weight loss and ‘dieting’ is easy, it’s not. And sometimes we need support to direct and help us.
This course allows you time to reflect and understand your food beliefs, personal hurdles and how you might even sabotage yourself along your weight loss journey. Venue – Woodford House, Blackrock, Co Dublin.
Cost of course Six weeks 7.30-9pm Mondays, €380.00 per per person
BSc, Dip Dietetics MSc in Health Sciences, Dip Allergy, MINDI
Stop yo-yo dieting!
Many people are successful at losing weight. The more difficult part of weight management is keeping that weight off, for good. I believe it’s vitally important to understand why the weight went on in the first place. Once a realistic weight loss has been set and met, personalised strategies need to be developed to help you stay at your new weight and not gradually put the weight back on again. The Counterweight evidence based solutions shows that once clients set realistic goals, 70% are successful and lose weight, permanently. I really like the structured approach which can help clients change their eating habits and activity levels for the long term.
Three are 3 different programmes:
· It is a structured weight management solution delivered over a 12-month period
· Cost €575* for one to one appointments or €375* in a group delivery.
· A non surgical weight management solution for individuals with greater weight loss need, i.e. greater than 15kg for individuals with a BMI >30 kg/m*
· This programme involves a total diet replacement phase over 12 weeks, followed by stepped, structured food reintroduction and then a weight maintenance phase over 12-months.
· Weight loss of >15 kg or 15% has been shown to contribute to normailsing blood Glucose and Insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes. (JAMA 2008; 299 316-323)
· Cost €2,200* for 12 weeks of Total Diet replacement supplies and 20 appointments with a Dietitian over one year.
(available January 2014):
· A Structured one year solution for adults and children delivered over 12-months
· 10 appointments over one year with an experienced Dietitian helps the family bring about changes for life.
· Cost €895* for a minimum of one adult and one child, ideally the whole family partakes.
These programmes are only delivered by a network of twelve private Dietitians and in three leading private hospitals around the country: The Galway Clinic, The Limerick Clinic and The Bons Secours Hospital Cork. Counterweight research began in 2000 involving collaboration between seven UK Universities. The Robert Gordon University operated and developed the programme for over 12 years and the research led to the refinement and delivery of the programmes in the National Health Service in Scotland and England.
Keep in mind that research on these matters is on-going and is subject to change. The information presented is not intended as a substitute for medical treatment. It is intended to provide ongoing support of your healthy lifestyle practices.